Friday 13 September 2013

Dressmaking for Beginners

The Pinworks Autumn term of stitching began this week and we are off to a flying start with a new batch of beginner dressmakers.

I always get a little flutter of nerves when I haven't taught for a while, but as soon as the "My name is Verity and I'll be your teacher" patter begins, the butterflies are replaced by the buzz that only the smell of new fabric and eight eager faces can bring!

After seasons of leaving it too late, I've actually managed to produce a sample of the dress - a semi-fitted, sleeveless shift with bust and waist darts, back slit and zip. It's a great pattern for beginners - lots of different skills involved, and a lovely flattering style that suits all shapes and sizes.

So, here's to the next 7 weeks of dressmaking fun - I'll share the wonderful results from the new cohort (LOVE that word!) as they emerge - and you could always pop over to the Pinworks facebook page to get breaking news as it comes!


Anyone seen that pin???
 
...you can even jump in it... hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails