Friday 31 May 2013

Pram dress

I'm a sucker for the natty naming of something otherwise ordinary. Case in point:  "bracelet length" for 3/4 length sleeves, "jewel neckline" for a crew neck. It's just one more reason why I like to retreat to vintage land (not really a land, just my head) when it's all bit grey and blergh out and about.

So, it was very hard to resist the lure of the  "pram dress" label on a vintage baby dress that I spotted on Ebay a few weeks ago. True to it's promise, the pram dress did not dissapoint! In fact, as soon as I tried it on little E, the genius of the term was revealed. Get this... it looks like a dress right, but it's sort of really a top. Perfect for babies that are crawling and sitting as it isn't too long and doesn't get in the way, but still looks all pretty and dress like. Okay, maybe I'm making a bit much of this, but I liked the original so much I decided to make my own version.... here it is... The 60s inspired pram dress!

 
 

I think if I make it again, I'll make the neckline lower and narrower at the shoulders - 60s baby dress designers get full marks for their choice of length, but not quite full marks for the extremely high, slightly choking neckline!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails