Wednesday 16 March 2011

Work in progress: a leather adventure!

Before you get too excited, I'm afraid my adventure with leather has been an altogether wholesome one..but, pretty exciting nonetheless. I've had an idea for this new bag style for ages - it's based on a vintage bag I saw in a junk shop once - and I knew I wanted to try combining reclaimed leather with vintage fabrics, but have just been too scared to take the plunge. Well, I'm so glad I finally have - here's a sneaky peak of my prototype and I'm really pleased with how it's turned out.


The leather bit was easy-peasy with the right needle. I've only got 3 pairs of these handles, so am making up a small batch first, but am so pleased with how they've turned out that I'm definitely going to make up more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails