Friday 16 July 2010

Another contestant for the best tip ever!

Just as I'd got over the wonder of Flossie Teacakes' hemming tip, there's an equally genius and simple tip on Sew Mama Sew that will change my life - again. I'm often sewing narrow tubes for handles and really hate the turning right-side out shenanigans. I've got a tool to help but it never really works and always results in much swearing - but no more! Place a long peice of tape or ribbon along the inside of the tube as you sew it up, then secure the ribbon in place by sewing along one short end. Then pull on the tape to turn the tube the right way out. See the full tip here.

The "ta-da" moment
photo from Sew Mama Sew

Again, I'm really very excited about this. Also, am becoming increasingly aware that I probably need to get out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails