Thursday 3 September 2009

Vintage bag inspiration

During the sewing cupboard sort out, I came across a picture-a-day calendar of handbags that I’d been given for Christmas one year. I spent a good hour going through them all and have put my favourites in my special “ideas folder". I particularly love the shapes from the 40s, 50s and 60s… I’ve been looking for some inspiration and now I have too much! Here are some of my top picks:



I’ve also recently sourced some vintage 60s and 70s bag patterns (how I love Etsy!) and can’t wait to play around with some of the shapes and ideas once they arrive:


I’m on maternity leave in 2 weeks time so am hoping I’ll be able to get lots of sewing done before The Bean arrives – I’m sure other mum’s to be go for massages and pedicures, but I shall be relaxing to the gentle sounds of a whirring sewing machine and the tinkling of pins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails